International poker star 26-year-old Lilya Novikova has died of electrocution in her bath in Moscow, Russia according to BBC.
The Russian online- poker player was found by her elderly neighbour in the bath, after receiving an emergency call her Novikova’s parents.
Poker fans across the world knew her as Lia. According to the reports, Novikova suffered a fatal electric shock while using a hair dryer in her flat, where she lived with her parents.
Shocked fans tweeted on her sudden demise. Novikova was well known on Twitch.tv, a live streaming channel for online gamers
According to the Russian investigative committee (SK) her death was due to the electrocution. All the reports suggested that it was an accident.
The daily Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK) says the neighbour is a longstanding friend of Novikova’s parents and has a key to the flat.
The 26-year-old had an engineering degree from Moscow’s prestigious Bauman University and besides her poker she was active in other sports including rowing and snowboarding.
MK reports that she also made some videos with top tips for poker fans.
Recently, the internet has become a goldmine for some talented professional poker players.